A number of factors come into play, such as the nature of the project and the business’ activity sector. Businesses that are not in a highly competitive sector, that offer something new and innovative, that are not dependent on economic cycles and that create wealth are much more likely to secure financing. Do not hesitate to contact us for additional information.
Can my business obtain a loan or a grant?
What are my options for financing my business projects (loans and grants)?
There are several ways to finance a business project. The main ones are the following:
of our clients are satisfied or very satisfied with the advice we gave them.*
*2020 satisfaction survey.
Our investment funds
We have funds to support the businesses we are helping that want to carry out a project within Gatineau. Our funds are mainly intended for businesses in the technology and manufacturing sectors, that are innovative or export outside the region. They must be interested in growing, creating quality jobs and carrying out an investment project in Gatineau.
Fonds Soutien aux entreprises is a financial tool designed to help businesses by complementing the guidance provided by ID Gatineau. The grants are to help pay for the services of an external resource specializing in a specific area of intervention to improve the chances of success of a growth plan by removing obstacles or providing a chance to seize new opportunities. It is also used to help businesses interested in setting up shop in Gatineau and businesses seeking to improve their operational efficiency.
Fonds Locaux is a financial tool designed to assist businesses being guided by ID Gatineau through their start-up, transition and expansion. This financial tool helps accelerate business projects that create wealth within Gatineau.
Fonds de développement des entreprises en économie sociale (FDEES) is a grant for social economy projects to promote economic diversification and improved living conditions within Gatineau. FDEES also aims to promote the emergence of innovative projects that explore new economic sectors and new approaches, or develop new expertise.
To be eligible for our loans and grants, a business must:
- • Promote economic development and diversification, as well as wealth creation within Gatineau; and
- • Be financially sound. Businesses in the start-up phase must demonstrate solid prospects and profitability, and must be able to cover their financial obligations. In addition, businesses must demonstrate that the financial assistance is necessary.
The following projects are not eligible:
- • Projects directed in whole or in part at activities in a saturated market or that would result in job relocations or the creation of undue competition.
- • Projects that should be a government responsibility.
- Our Joint Investment Committee (JIC), whose members are from Gatineau’s business community, is responsible for assessing applications for financial assistance to ensure that they are consistent with our objectives and our corporate mission.
Be sure to consult our investment policies (in French only) for additional information. You can also contact one of our team members at 819 595-8002.
of our clients consider that our services enabled them to move their business forward*
*2020 satisfaction survey.
Government programs have limited budgets and are subject to investment policies. Visit monGPS.ca for information about the different types of government grants, contributions and loan guarantees offered by our partners. You can also click on the logos below for additional information.
Financial institutions offer loans to businesses at variable interest rates. They take assets such as equipment, building and personal guarantees as collateral. The Government of Canada and Investissement Québec can help small businesses obtain loans from financial institutions by sharing the risk with lenders.